Saturday, September 1, 2012

Vintage/Antique Toolbox

I'm not really sure where exactly this toolbox came from, all I know is I re-discovered it in our barn. I remember distinctly that when I was probably in third grade, I was going to use it as my "Li'l Bastard" traveling supply kit, containing lawn darts, water balloons, bottles of water to fill the balloons, etc. However that plan didn't make it out of the hangar and I was left with a toolbox.


Vintage Tool Box Chest Industrial Machine Age Chic Decor Storage Box
Vintage Metal Tool Box

A very nice patina developed from its oxidized green paint combined with weather and a bit of rust that has given it an almost antique bronze-like quality. It probably dates back to the Depression era. Whether this was used by a mechanic or in a warehouse or a factory of some sort, we'll leave you to guess. It would be a great decoration in your home, garage or office if industrial is your style preference. You can see more photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment